The Symposium on Clinical Interventional Oncology (CIO)
The Fastest Growing Interventional Oncology Meeting in North America
Miami Beach, FL | Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
The Symposium on Clinical Interventional Oncology (CIO) features a concentrated 2-day program renowned for its originality, patient-care focus and dynamic learning format. CIO focuses on highlighting the most viable and sought-after treatments in interventional oncology while shining a spotlight on current best practices and previewing developments on the horizon.
CIO is the must-attend symposium of the year for IO novices and expert learners searching to stay on the brink of innovation of contemporary techniques, methodologies and technological advances. Join your peers and attend North America’s fastest growing meeting in the IO arena, CIO. We look forward to seeing you there!
The State of Interventional Oncology
In 2007, The American Cancer Society reported worldwide deaths from cancer numbered at an estimated 12,332, 300. The society further acknowledged that in 2009, the United States would witness an estimated 562,340 expected deaths equating to nearly 1,500 daily. Currently, chemotherapy, surgery and radiation have been the mainstays of cancer treatment. However, interventional techniques are developing rapidly and coming into wide use.
Meeting Features & Clinical Highlights
NEW! Larger General Session featuring a 58-foot cinematic widescreen.
- Talking Technical: Practical Questions
- Myth Busters
- Tumor Board Sessions
- Live Demonstrations
- Radiohead: Y90
- Case-based Technique Sessions
- Step by Step Case Presentations
- Oral Abstract Presentations
- Morbidity and Mortality Sessions
- World Renowned Faculty
- Plenary Session Lectures
- Quality Breakfast, Lunch and Refreshment Breaks
- Scientific Poster Presentations
- Real-time Downloading of Course Presentations
- Comprehensive Exhibit Hall
- Non-accredited Industry Sessions
- Course Materials Including the JVIR w/ Featured Abstracts
- The ISET Welcome Reception (CIO attendees welcome)
- Great Opportunities for Networking with Faculty
- Interactive Audience Polling
- Year in Review: All Topics and Current Data
- Perplexing Cases, Unusual Techniques, Crafty Solutions
Representing Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Miami, Florida
Shaun Samuels, M.D.
Barry T. Katzen, M.D.
James F. Benenati, M.D.
Alex Powell, M.D.
Constantino Peña, M.D.
Adam Geronemus, M.D.Ripal Gandhi, M.D.
Guest Course Directors
Fred Lee, M.D.
University of Wisconsin
Robert J. Lewandowski, MD
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
In Collaboration with: